Favorite Photo of the Week: A.J. of Lit at Billy Bob's this past weekend. Yes, a rock band at a the world's largest honky tonk. It was like walking into a scene from Urban Cowboy but then they were playing Nine Inch Nails on the speakers. o.0
This week's list of links is going to be a little shorter than usual because I've been holed up in the rewriting cave under a tight deadline. I'm still in there, but I can almost see light at the end of the title (ha, that last word was a typo, but I think I'll leave it as stands, it's appropriate). That concert (above) is about the only relaxation I've had this week, so I'm looking forward to getting this book sent off so I can breathe. Well at least until I start drafting book four next week, lol.
So here are some of the best links I've come across this week...
- Anne Browning Walker: Why Smart Women Read Romance Novels
- Wordplay: Helping Writers Become Authors: Why Do Bad Books Get Published?
- Going Both Ways: Outlines for Plot, Pantser for Character by Janice Hardy
- ARCs and Librarians and Bloggers, Oh my! | The Book Smugglers (on the ALA kerfuffle)
- 8 Signs You’ve Stumbled on a Passion | Stephanie Saye
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Set to Reach 20 Million in Book Sales - WSJ.com
- Why, For Me, Print Will Never Be Extinct « Catherine, Caffeinated
- How to Write Fast: Guest Post - Write Faster with Scrivener
On Reviews (since that seems to be the BIG topic this week, with lots of kerfuffleness going on)
- Gossamer Obsessions: Responding to Negative Reviews: Do's and Don'ts - this is made of win
- Anne R. Allen's Blog: Bad Reviews—Six Reasons to Be Glad You Have Them
- The Millions : On Bad Reviews
On Social Networking and Marketing:
- J.C. Martin - 5 Ways to Market Your Book by Angela Ackerman
- Jeff Goins of "Goins, Writer" On Starting Over And Succeeding In Blogosphere
- Pinterest Alert: The New Pin Scam To Avoid | kristin nador writes anywhere
On Other Stuff:
- Making Time for Sex When You’ve Got Kids | peanut butter on the keyboard
- All Season Long - A Summer Erotica Giveaway | RT Book Reviews (MELT INTO YOU is included!)
What You May Have Missed From Me This Week:
- Skeletons (and Mancandy) in the Attic
- The Joe Manganiello Growl & Magic Mike to Brighten Your Day
- My Top 5 Online Tools for Writers
- The ONLY sneak peek you're going to get of the Andre/Jace scene in MELT INTO YOU
- On Rules and Rule Breakers
- On Finding the Perfect Ending
Alright, that's what I've got this week. How has your week been? What's your weekend looking like?
FALL INTO YOU is now available!
All content except images and videos copyright of the author unless otherwise noted. Please ask permission before re-printing or re-posting. Fair use quotations and links do no require prior consent of the author. ©Roni Loren 2009-2013
*For full photo disclaimer, please see the bottom of the page.