Fave pic of the week: A swan trying to intimidate me out of the last piece of bread. (Btw, this was taken at the park near Love Field airport, which is where I based the scene in Crash Into You with Reid and Brynn in the back of his truck.)
I haven't done one of these in a while. Mainly, I got away from them because when I was so busy under deadline, I didn't have time to surf and read articles, but also because I'm unsure if this feature was still proving helpful to anyone since so many people do round up posts these days. So let me know if you think these should stick around or of you'd prefer another type of post in its place.
Here's the great stuff I've come across in the last few weeks...
- Goodreads | Blog Post: What's Going On with Readers Today? Goodreads Finds Out
- Author, Jody Hedlund: The Most Important Quality In Best Selling Authors
- Bad Reviews, Statistics, and Underwater Basket Weaving | Martinis and Manuscripts
- The Millions : Judging Books by Their Covers 2013: U.S. Vs. U.K.
- Erotica: Full-Frontal Shelving | Genre Spotlight via Library Journal
- Who Should Read Your Unpublished Work? - Rachelle Gardner
- New iPhone app vows to fix e-mail clutter - CNN.com
- Blogging Like No One is Reading « Pickle Me This
- Be the Gatekeeper of Your Mind - Rachelle Gardner
- Three things I've learned being a judgmental b*tch via Tawna Fenske
- New Adult- Passing Trend or Legitimate Genre? via Publishing Crawl
- 11 Authors Who Hated the Movie Versions of Their Books | Mental Floss
- 10 Types of Social Media Updates—How Many Are You Using? | Michael Hyatt
- A Query Letter that Worked — Lauren Layne | Author
- 8 Books for Writers by Raima Larter via AmWriting Blog
- Jennifer Represents...: The Twitter Confessional
- Is Blogging Still Essential to a Fiction Writer’s Platform? via Mike Duran
- 8 New and Necessary Punctuation Marks - CollegeHumor Article <--so funny
- 7 Ways to Look Good on Your Webcam via Rachelle Gardner
- Are You Neglecting This Important Book Sales Tool? 5 Steps to a Great Product Description via Anne R. Allen
- How to Work on More Than One Book at a Time via Kill Zone
- A Secret to Happiness? Don’t Get Organized. « The Happiness Project
- When we defend romance reading as escapism, the critics win via Dear Author
- Discovery of eBooks Will Never Improve Until Retailers and Publishers Learn to Speak Like Customers via Dear Author
- lindsey roth culli: is there an app for that? <--way to track new book releases
- Christine Bell - Author: Demystifying Rankings (for those of us who just GOTTA know!) <--fantastic info
- Writer Unboxed » Resolve to Tweet Better in 2013
What You May Have Missed Here:
- Most Popular Posts of 2012
- Reading Challenges for 2013 - Clearing the TBR (and Netflix Cue)
- Must Read Monday - A YA Pick
- Should You Write That Potentially Controversial Scene?
- Must-Read Monday: Give Me Your Old School Romance Picks
- Must-Read Monday: A Book I Think Every Woman Should Read
- FALL INTO YOU's Television Debut & Book Clubs
- Must Do Monday - The Reasonable Portion of a Bucket List
- Book Sales: What I've Bought & Why I Can't Resist
- NOT UNTIL YOU Info & Pre-Order Now Available!
- Reading Sexy Books For or With Your Partner & A Message to the Dudes
- Must-Read Monday: A Hero in Drag? Yep, It Totally Worked
- Journaling for the Chronic Journal Abandoner
- Must-Read Monday: The Happiness Project
- Entering a Writing Contest? Five Newbie Writing Mistakes To Avoid (guest at Savvy Authors)
- Ten Every Day Items To Add A Little BDSM Spice to Your Relationship (guest at Romancing Rakes)
All right, so those are the best I've come across in the last few weeks. Hope you find a few gems. : ) Have a great weekend! (And let me know if you want me to continue doing round up posts or if you'd prefer something else.)
FALL INTO YOU is now available!
All content except images and videos copyright of the author unless otherwise noted. Please ask permission before re-printing or re-posting. Fair use quotations and links do no require prior consent of the author. ©Roni Loren 2009-2013
*For full photo disclaimer, please see the bottom of the page.