So this week I've been in my writing cave, busting butt to meet an end of the month deadline. So I didn't get a chance to collect enough links for my usual Fill Me In Friday feature. I'll just save up the few links from this week and add them to next week's.
Instead, I've decided to offer some suggestions to those who may have discovered the BDSM/kinky romance genre via the book everyone is talking about, Fifty Shades of Grey, and want to read more in the genre.
I'm not going to talk about the controversy surrounding it. I've vented enough about Dr. Drew on Twitter this week. And I'm not here to review the book. There are many respected reviewers doing that out there.
However, what I do hope all this talk stirs up, is interest in the subgenre of erotic romance. There are so many talented writers and great stories out there that I hope readers will check out.
So here are a couple of suggestions:
BDSM romance with very alpha male Doms:
- Maya Banks' Sweet Series - particularly Sweet Surrender , Sweet Persuasion (total power exchange with a contract like 50 Shades) , and Sweet Temptation (Heat) (the tortured hero)
- Shayla Black's Wicked Lovers series - starts with Wicked Ties
- Cherise Sinclair's Masters of the Shadowlands series - starts with Club Shadowlands [Masters of the Shadowlands 1]
- Eve Berlin's Pleasure's Edge
- SHAMELESS SELF-PROMOTION ALERT: My book Crash Into You would also fall under this category. : )
BDSM romance with the woman as the Domme but still very alpha heroes:
- Joey W. Hill's Nature of Desire series - particularly Nature of Desire - Natural Law (Believe me, even if you don't think you'd like reading about the roles being reversed, check these out. Joey Hill is fantastic. Though, warning, these will make 50 Shades seem very, very mild and vanilla.)
BDSM Erotica (not necessarily a wrapped up happy ending):
- Tiffany Reisz's novella Seven Day Loan and her upcoming full-length novel The Siren
- When Alex Was Bad: A Novel of Erotic Suspense by Jo Davis
- Anything by Lorelei James - my recent favorite was Corralled: A Blacktop Cowboys Novel
Fabulous Kinky Romances That Aren't Specifically BDSM though may have some elements:
NEED YOU TONIGHT is now available!
All content except noted images and videos copyright of the author. Please ask permission before re-printing or re-posting content. Fair use quotations and links do no require prior consent of the author. ©Roni Loren 2009-2014
*For full disclaimer, please see the bottom of the page.